Friday, January 30, 2009

Potions, Spells, superstitions

I have found this in one of my moms books. "loved from the Heart of the Home." Pg 46 is laughable. Read this.

Pin ivy to your breaston, new year's Day- you will marry the next man/woman you speak to.(Don't just be talking to anybody)

Humm this is for the vindictive woman: If he had been unfaithful-to gain you back he must gather hair from the face of a wolf (including whiskers)-then burn them & drink the ashes in a shot glass full of sour milk. If he lives, you may forgive him & be confident of his fidelity

I think that Puck from Midsummer Night Dream used this one: Make a tea from heartesase brush cool liquid over eyelids of sleeping loved one. He/she will love the first one he sees. Drink tea to cure heartbreak.

How many will try this? Believe me I won't: To be forever beautiful at exactly sunrise on the first of May go outside roll naked in the dew

Attention brides! You want to read this!: If you find a small spider in the folds of your wedding dress you will never be poor.

Now tell the truth how many believe in these housewives superstitions?

2 comments:

Andria said...

All I can say is that if it doesn't hurt someone else, or yourself, I see no reason to not enjoy endulging in superstitions.
(Not that you'll see me rolling around naked in the early morning dew in May. I think that might be considered hurting others, if they saw me, ya know.)

Hollie Robb said...

I keep thinking of the same thing about the early morning dew. but i think that in Canada it is too cold there to do that in may.