Monday, January 19, 2009

My WOW!! news minute

Last weak a family in my ward gave me a Violin. They wanted to sell it. No one was playing it so why have it?? But the family said that he will not sell to his friends and just gave it to us. So now I have 3 Violins. Two acoustic and once electric. I so need a amplifier for that one. Just think I can blast my neighborhood while playing Bach, or my be Phantom of the Opera, how about Carmen? (Ahahahahah!)

So the first thing I could think of is: "what am I going to do with 3 Violins??????" My great puzzlement of the year so far! So my mom said that she would love to learn how to play the extra violin. So of course I have been teaching her. She is not half bad ether.

Will I took out the violin that was given, to inspect it look at the condition it was in and to find out what company made it. Violins will have a card glued on the inside the violin to tell it's make and year. This violin did not have one. So I took it in to Riverton Music to see if they can tell me anything about it. It comes out they don't know ether, they think that it was bought over the net. So now I think that I 'm going to take it into a wonderful, professional violin maker in Salt Lake. I am hoping he can tell me more about it, and if this violin needs any work that needs to be done.

So now I have 3 violins and no viola. That is another instrument that I can play, and I don't have one. But somehow I ended up with 3 violins. Wow!

2 comments:

Andria said...

Wow! Three violins. I don't even have one. :( I always wanted to learn to play the violin when I was younger. Now I'd just like a few minutes to listen to music quietly by myself without a child begging me for something...or making a mess.

I hope you can get some info on the violin. :D

Hollie Robb said...

I hope so too! I might have a treasure and not know it. Ohhh. How about that?