Saturday, January 17, 2009

Magic pill for losing weight!

I so was not going to put this up but people keep telling me about different product pills to loose weight.

The question is. Is this possible? Will yes and no. There are pills out there that promises if you take me you will loose it! Isn't that like "if you build it they will come?"

Dangers
#1-YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT THOSE PILLS ARE GOING DO TO YOUR BODY!!!!!! I well repeat: You don't know what those pills are going do to your body!

#2- If you loose the weight to fast by a pill chances are medical problems down the road.

#3- Again loosing the weight that fast with a pill you are robbing your body of nutrients, and once you will loose the weight you will put it back on.

#4- You will be on those pills for the rest of your life!

Now a few years ago I had a back injury. It took a year for the muscle in my back to heal, six months to start working out that muscle. During that time I put on the weight that I had to get off. So this is what I did, and still do. Now I had to mold my work out routine to fit me. Along with my back I have had other injuries.

How your body works is that if you eat to much your body will turn that food into fat not energy like it is suppose to. So eating the traditional 3 meals a day will make the food you well eat into body fat. Why your stomach well never stop digesting. So if you have nothing in your stomach it will eat the fat that is on your body, and eventually eat your muscles. This is call starvation mode. So your body will find another source for the energy it needs. But when you eat again, (say dinner) your body well take that food you have just ate and put it into fat, and store it on your body for the next time you go into starvation mode. That will be two hours after your eat.

This is what I do:
I eat as healthy as I can just enough for two hours, then I eat again, I try and keep the calories low. But I must confess I don't count calories, or points, or use slim fast. I eat regular everyday food. Just small portions. With doing that and working out, I am about a size 2-4. Now I take one day a week and I eat whatever I want, how much I want, when I want, and I don't work out. The best day I found to do this is on Sunday. I also drink plenty of water.

All what you need to do is just eat as healthy as you can; just enough for two hours then eat again. As for working out try doing some kind of cardio work out one day then the next day do some kind of resistance training. By doing this not only will you build muscle mass but also bone density and strength. But take one day a week and do nothing and eat anything you want when you want. This works.

Now I hear people complain to me that it is hard to do this at their desk at work. All I tell them is eat some nuts or eat a nutritional bar. You can do that, people do that all the time. You just don't see it. I had a teacher who would drink Pepsi while she would teach her class.

Another confession. I am not perfect at this. During holidays I am going to party with my family, I am going to be apart of the calibrations. I am not talking just during the Christmas season, I am talking about every holiday, including birthdays.

That is my soapbox for now. I hope it will help.

2 comments:

Andria said...

It's so hard to not look for that "magic pill" or the new fad that will help me lose weight. A book though that has really helped change the way I think about weight and myself is Secrets of a Former Fat Girl. But I lost the book at the gym (which I started going to because of Secrets) and I didn't get to finish it. :(

And I think the thing that helps me the most with not gaining weight (since that sometimes is the goal!) is to be on a regular schedule. I do better when school is in because then I'm not at home, bored and lonely, which is when I eat too much. But that's just me. :D

Hollie Robb said...

I know I just think that we all need to learn how to love our bodies.

That I think is a life long process