Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Olives

Last night I went to the store and bought stuff for to day New years eve. I was buying stuff pacifically for 7 layer taco dip. One of the ingredients calls for a can of chopped black olives. All of the other ingredients got paid for, with the exception of the black olives. I got out to the truck and realized that I had stolen property! For some unknown reason the olives didn't get paid for. I was soooo embarrassed. I went back into the store explained the situation to one of the check outs clerk and paid for the black olives. All the while she was laughing and thanked me for my honesty. All what she could think was one small 4.25 oz. of black chopped olives, and I still came back into the store and bought it. Well I'll bet she will remember me after that incident. I know, by now all of you ( my4 readers) will be laughing right this very moment.

I think that if all people everywhere would be more honest then this world would be a better place to live.

Happy New Years !!!!!

I never make any resolutions. I'll break them any way. With that one year a friend of mine Char said her resolution was to never brink Mountain Dew any more. 5 sec. after she said that she stared to drink Mountain Dew. No Lie.

Also Congrats to Char and Al they are having a boy!!!

2 comments:

Andria said...

One time I left Sam's Club without buying a pack of pop or something like that. It made me wonder why they bother looking at your receipt before you leave the store. I did go back the next day and pay for the item.

One of my other SILs got an iTunes gift card for my brother for his birthday, gave it to him, and then the thing wouldn't work. My SIL was so mad, she pulled out the receipt so she could take it back to the store and get another one, and then, after looking at the receipt, she realized that she didn't actually pay for it. Oops.

Hollie Robb said...

I'm glad that I'm not the only one. That was very embarrassing for me.

But I don't know I guess that if honesty is instilled in you then no matter how small you still need to pay for it.