Sunday, December 14, 2008

Christmas Poem

It's Christmas time at our house
and we're putting up the tree,
I wish there was a simple way
of remembr'ing Christ's gift to me.

Some little sign or symbol
to show friends stopping by,
The little babe was born that day,
but he really came to die.

Some token of His nail-pierced hands,
the blood He shed for me.......
What if I hang a simple nail
Upon my Christmas tree!

A crimson bow tied 'round the nail
His perfect blood they spilt;
He freely gave His life for me
and took away my guilt.

I know it was His love for all
that held Him to that tree,
But when I see this simple nail
I know He died for me.

-Author unknown

I got this poem from Colett Guffy one year. As my friends and family know that my birthday is just 6 days from Christmas, right smack in the middle of everything. Because of that friends and family have forgotten my birthday, even me, ( yes me, it's sad but true). Because of that I would turn into a Scrooge around my birthday. Christmas has a way of swallowing up everything. But I am proud to say that a few years ago I have made peace with Christmas and my birthday. My birthday is not the only birthday people will forget. There are people on this earth who don't know why we celebrate Christmas.



I know that I do have this song on my play list, but this video is amazing. Bing did this one month before he died.

No comments: