Thursday, February 26, 2009

I have fulfilled my promise !

Like I have promised. This is the book where the story takes place in Magna.

80 Miles From Nowhere 80 Miles From Nowhere by Melissa Ann Aylstock


My review


rating: 3 of 5 stars
Well I thought that this book would be fun because I live right across the street from Magna. All I need to do is cross 7200 and I'm in Magna.



There was a lot of wrong things in the book. She talks about a shooting range in the rock quarry. There is a rock quarry but that is in South Jordan and you cant shoot there. Magna dose have a shooting rang but that is a club. The cave,and the camping ground? That is also not in Magna. That is in Butter Filed Canyon.



The way she describe Magna and Utah was just wrong. Sorry but that was wrong. People do lock their doors in Magna, and in Utah we have our share of kidnappings. And people shooting other people and if a person was shoot they would not go to Pioneer Hospital. That is a scary hospital to go to in the first place.



The Basic story I did liked.



Lance Morris, a young man on the run from himself and his religion, finds himself in Magna, Utah, without a car, without a job, and without a friend in the world. Soon he finds himself hiding from even more than his painful upbringing. Lance’s impulsive behavior thrusts him into a dangerous situation. To make matters worse, he inadvertently drags his roommate’s quirky sister into the mess. Minding her own business has never been Enin Woodson’s strong suit, so when a new guy shows up at her brother’s house, she’s all about making sure he doesn’t do anything to negatively influence her less-active brother. At least that’s what she means to do until her plan goes awry and she alienates her brother even more. Despite their agendas, Enin and Lance soon discover that when the going gets tough, even the tough do better as a team.


View all my reviews.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now I have some disturbing news.

My brother is going fight in Afghanistan in April. There is a very small, slim chance that he might not go. He is trying to go to officers training, and if the paper work is approved then he will go to officers training instead. What one do you think we are hopping for.

We are all have some kind of anxiety over this. We, like other countless of family's in America and around the world don't want our soldier/soldiers to go to war. We, like others are also trying to figure out what this stupid war is now about.

Now if their is a good time for that knight and slightly tarnished armor/squire to come, now would be it. To save me from the dragon named anxiety. No you are right if he comes or not I will still be worried sick for my brother.

1 comment:

Andria said...

Well, we'll be worried and sick about it together.