Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Funnie stories

Someone from one of my half a dozen social networks wanted stories that we can laugh at now. I had to think. I have tons of them. The one I have chosen is the one that I need to set up. Only Utahans well understand.

Utah is a desert. We are the second driest state in the country. So you must imagine that we are always concerned about water. This story takes place in 11 grade A.P U.S history.

Mr. Jones brings in a pine cone it was fairly big as Utah pine cones will get. Usually you can take a pine cone and it will fit in the palm of your hand that is how big they can get, sometimes bigger. Well this particular pin cone was bigger then his (M.r. Jones) hand. He holds it up in the beginning of class and sad:

Mr. Jones: See this pine cone? This means that we will get lots of water this year!"
Me: snort sound
Mr. Jones: ROBB!!!
Me: I can just see it now we will be telling our grand kids, "When I was your age, I had to use a boat and row up stream, fighting off brine shrimp all the way to school! 20 miles"
Class: laugh, snicker
Mr. Jones: laugh
Mr. Jones: ROBB!! YOU MOCK MY WORDS!!!
Me: To late just did. We live in a desert, the most will happen is that the Great Salt Lake will rise to fairly normal levels. And the brine shrimp will breed even more, and no one knows what their purpose are or what they eat! Except to make more brine shrimp!

Well that was my funny story.

No comments: