Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Found old notes

While I was looking at an old note book I had found my old notes to a play I directed for special needs. It had my original drawings of how I wanted to have the stage set up. The drawings were very primitive, only because I cant draw to save my life. I helped write a play, pacifically for special needs. It was about a boy who was special needs wanting to be normal. But in the end found out that he had a special purposes. I even had some audience participation.

All of my actors were special needs. Some couldn't read, all couldn't memorize those lines. But I had people who could, read their lines and my actors repeat the lines. It was perfect. After wards so many people told me as well as other's how much they loved it and it touched them.

I loved working with them. They took direction, they wanted to be apart if it. I just wish that the people I'm working with right now would take direction and have the same enthusiasm as my special needs cast had.

No comments: