Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Sunday the day of confrontations.

Ok the choir director in my ward confronted me, this is how our conversation went.

C.D: "Hollie what do I need to do to get you to come to choir? If I need to tap dance on your door steep, I'll do what I ever it takes. "

Me: "Hmmmm a pregnant woman tap dancing on my door step? No I would feel so bad if you did that." ( can you imagine the mental picture I got? I felt bad, just thinking about that.)

C.D "What do I need to do. Choir starts at 11:00 A.M! How much later does to need to be?"

Me: "Well I have developed this habit. My time is from about 11:00 P.M to about 3:00 A.M. That is when I'll read, watch movies, things like that. So I don't wake up until 11:00."

C.D: (all the while laughing) "that's fine if I need to wait until church next year is at 9:00 A.M and choir will be after church. I'll do that! What ever it takes. "

One hour later my bishop and his second councilor found me in the hall way. Now you know it is bad when the bishop corners you. But when you do see not only your bishop, but one of his councilor's walking to corner you with the same expression on their faces; your life flashes before your eyes looking for some grievous sin that you have not repent of yet. I couldn't think of anything, so I was dead nervous that I had forgotten something.

They both asked me if I would speak in church. I about laughed out loud hysterically, just out of pure relief . This is how the conversation with the three of us went:

B:" We would like you to talk in sacrament on a topic that I know that you will be very good at."

Me: " Oh you mean on how to be bossy?"
(they both laughed)

SC: "You would love that wouldn't you?"

B: "No, but I'm sure you would be good at that. The topic is 'Being good to your fellowmen and Charity', the two are connected." ( yet they are. Read the article by Elder Marvin J. Ashton. "The Tongue Can Be a Sharp Sword.")

Me: "yes they are."

SC: "She is good, she got it faster then I got it. I had to think about it."

Me: "I gave a lesson on this topic in Relief Society while I was attending the singles ward."

B: "Yes he did had to think about it. I knew she would be good for this. Now all you need to do is take out your notes, and you have it all done."

Me: "No I don't have my notes any longer. When I moved I had to throw things away. It's called cleaning things out."

There is more to the conversation but I won't tell it. But the moral to this story is...........Don't throw out your old lesson's or talks. You might need them one day. My problem is that I'm not a exactly a pack rat. Or become inactive? Nah, I'll stay active. Will I still do the talk? I don't know, I can still say no.

Cheers everyone!!

No comments: