Thursday, May 7, 2009

Citrus Cake

I'm putting this up all because of a friend of mine. She loves this cake recipe. It is very light, moist and spongy. It's great for this time of year and summer.

Citrus Cake

1 box of lemon cake mix
1 lemon
1 lime
1 orange
1 Cream cheese frosting container

Method:
Mix the lemon cake using the directions on the back of the box. Let the Cake cool. Put the Lemon, Lime, and Orange zest on a plate. Empty the container of Cream cheese frosting in to a mixing bowl. Now cut the Lemon and Lime in half after you have shaved of the zest. Squeeze one half of Lemon, and one half of Lime into the Cream cheese frosting, mix well. Spread on top of cake after the cake has cooled. Now put the Lemon, Lime, and Orange zest on top of the frosted cake. Enjoy!!

ps: I'll let my secret out. On the lemon cake box it says to use vegetable oil. Don't. This is how to make your box cakes moist, and spongy. Instead of vegetable oil, use olive oil, or coconut oil. I like to use coconut oil. You can find that at the local health nut store.

Have a great day!

2 comments:

Andria said...

Olive oil, huh? I guess you'll have to make it for me so I can taste it. :D Okay, today's word verification is "mormeni". Is that some person from the Book of Mormon who I don't know about?

Hollie Robb said...

Mormeni huh? It might be a Book of Mormon person's name. The first thing I thought was Captain Moroni just very bad missed spelled.