Monday, March 23, 2009

This is what I get!

This is what happens when your bishop knows about your talents. He ask you to do the nearly impossible. What am I talking about?

Lets face it. We all want to use our talents, but secretly we think one of the following:

  1. I don't want to.
  2. Can you ask someone else?
  3. Do you know how much additional work you are asking me to do?
  4. Pleas don't ask me to do it.
But you end up do whatever your bishop ask.

Of course it doesn't help when your bishop is your next door neighbor, you both have been in the same ward for almost 20 years and was in two other plays that I have directed. Minus the 3.5 years I was at a superficial singles ward. I also scouted other single wards in SLC with a couple of my friends. I ended up back in my home ward. I'm more comfortable there. There are a lot of weird single wards around you know!

Back to the talents issue. We all have great and amazing talents. We use them everyday. Some come naturally others we need to work at it and work hard. Like me with cooking. I still need to work very hard at that.

But one of my talents is of course drama. I prefer to stay in the back, writing, directing, things like that. So the ward RS was kinda shoved in my face, so-to-speak. I have co written and I am co directing this one. Like I have mention in past post. But this is differently one of those time I wished that this particular talent of mine stayed hidden from the bishop that has known me for about 20 years. (impossible task I know, but a girl can dream!)

Why did I decided to co direct? Because I'm working with the youth and ward members who have no idea what they are doing. I thought that my troubles would be solely with the youth. But it is with the adults. Go figure. The youth is working with me beautifully!!!

But all in all the RS is coming together and is starting to look amazing. But the lights still need to be fixed.

No comments: