Sunday, December 6, 2009

You can leave your religion on the door step. Thank you!

I came back from VT. The woman that I VT is inactive and bitter about the church, and would like it if I would leave my religion on the door step. I have known this inactive sister for quite a long time. About three years ago she and her husband has stopped smoking. I was so proud of them! But over time I would talk to her and her husband, and was appointed to be her visiting teacher. My companion and I are the only ones that she would let in to visit teach her. From time to time I have bean able to tell her of some experiences that I would have with an LDS program called "Special Needs Mutual." She would laugh or be in awe with some of the experiences that I have shared. But never apostolate or teach.

Well I have found some painting's in the December Ensign (pg 39) called "GARDENING IN THE RAIN" By Brian Kershisnik and the other on, (pg 41) call "THE FACE OF NEW ENGLAND" by Robert Duncan. This inactive sister loves art and so I took over the Ensign to show her the incredible paintings. She laughed at "GARDENING IN THE RAIN." She thought that it was cute, so did her husband. But "THE FACE OF NEW ENGLAND" she loved, she couldn't believe that it was a painting. Robert Frost once said:

"Art is anything that moves you."

I didn't apostolate or teach to her, I have only shown her and her husband the paintings in the Ensign. So who said that the Ensign cannot be in every home, in one time or another. They have come so far.

No comments: