Wednesday, September 23, 2009

My rant!

I woke up this morning and for one brief moment, all was well, I had no worries, it was just another morning. I was in fact thinking about DWTS and who blew me way with their dancing, what to eat, you know stupid every day mundane stuff. Then reality hit me in the head after I had read an article. This article is very inspiring, it was very well written. Saving soldiers from suicide: The army seeks to stamp out stigma, by Kim Reischling. As I read this article I remembered what we as a country are facing. We are fighting what some would call a loosing war,*The war against terror.* As I see it there is no game plan, their never was a game plan. All it was, for our troops; as well for the troops around the world, to go in and fight, and all will be well. All is not well, it never was.

The military within the US is seeing a higher suicide rate then ever before. I am sorry, but I do not know about what other country's suicide rate are, but I assume that other countries have the same problems as the US. There is places to go to get help. Not only the military wants solders to be physically strong but mentally also. How can that be when military troops see more horrors then we at home can ever imagination? Oh sure Hollywood can somewhat recreate/simulate war movies. We watch movies like G.I. Joe, or John Wayne war movies; but we know that the actors who are "killed" will be standing up and walking around in the streets. Holly Wood, is and never was, the same as real life.

Our friends, brother, mothers, fathers, sisters, uncles, aunts, and etc, will always come back different, because of what they have seen, and had to do. My brother is a solider in Afghanistan, our *mighty* leader, refuse to send any more troops into Afghanistan with out a game plan. My question is why put them in their in the first place with out a "game plan"? What the heck was he thinking? We pray for my brothers safety, as well as the safety for other troops who are fighting this idiotic war.

May you all come home safe.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

FYI: It's Hollywood (one word, not two)

Hollie Robb said...

Hey anonymous that is why I call it my rat. I didn't proof read. Much like how I argue ummm...... I man discuss. :}