Friday, July 29, 2011

Road Construction

A Satire poem by me....Hollie Ruth Robb

Road Construction

Oh road construction how do I love thee?
Who needs to have the smell of Eggs Benedict and Bacon in the morning,
When I do have the lovely smell of Asphalt, and Tar instead?

Road Construction....please never leave.
Thou have been here for over ten years.
Thou will never over stay thine welcome.

Momma said that delays, confusion, and disappointments
will be apart of life...but who knew that it would come from thee Road Construction!
The orange cones, the smells, the road closes, what could be better?

Dear Road Construction, you are perfect in every way!
Thou must know that I do love thee.
I just love that thou have blocked every road.

Remember this is Satire. It had to be done. I haven't read many poems upon this subject.

Cheers Everyone!

1 comment:

Vicki said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.