Saturday, July 16, 2011

Rediscovering my curls

I hope you don't mind but I am going to wright an online journal about Rediscovering my curls. This is mostly to help me. I am also going to put in my personal journal. However if it helps anyone else then.......sweet!

About 10 years ago I have stopped straightening my curls but still was at a loss on how to work with my curls. Then I got a book called Curly Girl. The book it's self explains that using shampoo will damage the hair and scalp, and make it frizzy and somewhat straight......mostly frizzy. So I had to use a lot of conditioner and oil; yes I do put oil on my hair. Now I was noticing that my curl was starting to get weighted down with way too much product.

So Thursday night I washed my hair; not with shampoo but with conditioner and lemon juice. To take out build up and clean it. Then I decided that I wasn't going to put in any conditioner while it was still dripping wet, like I'd usually would do . I just used a towel to dry it, then let the air do the rest. The result was more curl then I could even imagine that existed on my head, and they stick out everywhere. However I still have a little issue with frizz. So while my hair was still slightly damp, I put on an possibly 1- 1.5 teaspoon of a all natural conditioner. By doing that it controlled the frizz more still had some but not as much. And the curls looked great.

Yesterday I didn't wash it at all. I just use an leave-in-conditioner. One that was free of silicone's, the curls did come back and they still look good.

Today well, I tried to go without washing it again. Result was: it looked dirty, and the curls was seriously weighted down and unmanageable; as in the curls would not behave, some would only wave then frizz. So I washed it with of course conditioner and lemon juice. Right now it is currently drying. So I am hopping that I can somewhat repeat the process/cycle. We'll see how it goes. Then I'll do a new update.

No comments: