Monday, February 1, 2010

My Epistle: Dear Sweeter

My dearest sweeter, (sweater)

You have been so kind to this past winter, and you still are. I have enjoyed your warmth, and the feel of you against my skin. Oh how I have loved you during those cold, windblown, snowing nights. How I have love to have you near while I was drinking hot chocolate, curled up on the couch with a blanket, reading.

I have to confess something very important, I have Spring fever. So to day I did something that I know you would detest. I wore my short-sleeve shirt, purple; you know the one, you have shared the same closet for over a year.

I know what you are thinking. It's still cold! It snowed only yesterday, and still you choose an article of clothing that is for spring and summer! Please now my dear sweater, don't overreact, please. I am sure that before this day is out, I will put you on over my purple short-sleeve shirt; it is as you are thinking it is still cold out, but as of now, it is just the shirt.

I would appreciated that you would not remind me of February 14, singles awareness day out of spite. I am aware that day is stocking me. Boy do I know, I am the one who is single, after all. Mother always reminds me of just that often enough. Just yesterday in church she found out that their is a group of single young men who will go to the temple every Friday. How do I know this? I was bombarded by Relief Society women after church, they told me along with my mother's reaction. Just know dear sweater I have not forgotten you, it is just this blasted fever that I have.

You must understand, it is the first of February. That means that Spring is just around the corner also. So you must know of my anticipation for rock climbing, fresh fruits, vegetables, flowers, running around in my sandals, or bare foot. How delightful would that be!

So again I plead with you, don't be angry. As much as I love the changing of the seasons, but my favorite time of the year is almost hear! My soul feels like it will almost burst with anticipation, and joy. All that I ask of you is that you will be happy for me.

With all of my love dear sweeter,(sweater).
Hollie

Now to all of you who are reading this. I really do have spring fever, and I am a huge fan of the warmer weather. So this was just all in fun, and I am warring a purple short sleeve shirt. :)

Cheers!

1 comment:

JoAnn Arnold said...

Just so you know you are not alone, I have spring fever too.