Thursday, August 27, 2009

New adventures

I'm totally going out on a limb hear and I am dead scared!! A couple of people have planted a seed in my head. They want me to be an editor, one talented author wants me as his agent, as well as his editor. I have thought about it for a while and tho I am scared out of my wits; I have never thought of myself as doing anything like this. I have also talked to different family members about this; they think that it is a good idea, they are supportive. I still don't think that I am qualified to be an agent, so I am very timid at that idea. I am afraid that I point someone in the wrong direction.

It all started as various people asking my opinion on novels. These people wanted novels that entertains, easy reading, but not something that would make them embarrassed to read. Then different authors wanted my help with their novels. One is very talented. Sorry I cant tell you who, he is just starting out and his novel is still in editing stages.

I have decided to use the contacts that I have to benefit everyone involved. So now I am a freelance editor.

No comments: