Friday, October 23, 2009

Check out this Chili Recipe

First of all I was signed up to do a Chili recipe for my wards social next week. So I have found a chili recipe that called for chocolate. Yes, you have read that right, chocolate. It's good, I think I am getting better of this whole cooking thing. Here it is.

1 pound of ground beef/ground chuck
1 large onion chopped
2 cloves of garlic minced
1 32 oz of stewed tomatoes
1 29 oz of dark red kidney beans
1 46 Fl oz of spicy hot V8 vegetable juice
2 t. salt
1 t. pepper
1 1/4 t. ground cumin
1/4 t. ground Cayenne pepper
2 t. ground cinnamon
2 sq. semi-sweet baking chocolate

You can use a large Dutch Oven, but I have used a slow cooker
Brown ground chuck/beef, drain. Add onion & Garlic & saute till golden. Drain and rinse the Kidney beans, for thick chili add 2 cans of kidney beans. Add remaining ingredients and simmer on low, uncovered, for at least one hour, or until ready to serve. Best when after you let it set for 24 hours in the fridge
Sprinkle each portion with cheddar cheese if desired. Serves 8

No comments: