Sunday, December 19, 2010

A very surprise day!

Yey an updated blog post.

During choir practice the last couple of months the other choir members and I have been learning various Christmas songs. No matter what I have did I couldn't get into these songs. I would mess up the ASL on Silent Night, be out of tune, my heart would just not be into the songs. I was dreading today when we would perform the songs for the Christmas program. Two reasons I was dreading this day, one it's my birthday,(by-the-way I got tons of wonderfully awesome birthday wishes, thank you!), I don't do Christmas on my birthday. Reason is that I like to keep the two separate. The other big one was that I just couldn't get into the songs to do them justice. I worried over that. I fared that that what I was feeling would come out in the performance.

When I got to church this morning I was still concerned about my performance for these songs. During the first song something happen to me. I finely got into the songs. I was wondering about the change, what made the drastic change. All morning I was trying to remember that a lot of people forgets what Christmas is about. People forget Jesus birthday and why He came to earth. During this program I was finely able to forget my problems and focus on what I was doing. I wasn't just singing but I was singing praises to Jesus, thanking Him for coming down to earth to do the most important thing that one man could do; redeem mankind.

I remember back in 2006 I directed a play that was performed by special needs. It was the Nativity, special needs style. One special needs man was our angle in the play. What made the play so special was that this little special needs man kept kneeling down in front of baby Jesus during the performance and saying:

"Thank you, thank you, thank you!"

Ever sense that performance night I have wondered if I did the same thing if I didn't then singing praises to Him I hope would be my thank you!

By-the-way I so got an awesome Happy Birthday song from some cool guys. What more could a girl ask for??

Cheers everyone and Happy Holidays!

No comments: