Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Reading challenge

It has just occurred to me that upon right hand side bar, I have two books that do not have links to them. "Don't call me Katie Rose," and "Time Riders," you might be wondering what they are about. These two books are out of print, you can however find "Time Riders" By Sierra St. James, at amazon.com for a little over $200.00, no kidding. "Don't call me Katie Rose" you can't find, lest I can't.

"Don't call me Katie Rose;" by Lenora Mattingly Webber, is an old love of mine. This book was read to me by my mother when I was very young. I also read it as a teen.

Synopsis:

"Sensitive Katie Rose Belford longs to be called Kathleen, which she feels is more glamorous, but that's an impossible dream in her informal family! Katie is on of six children, and her widowed mother has little time for Katie's "airs."
During a very eventful year-which includes transferring to a new high school and meeting a divinely handsome boy who just might be a beau-Katie struggles to come to terms with herself, her more extroverted family, and her name."

A delight. This book should have never been out of print.

The next is "Time Riders" By Sierra St. James. Another delight, and just all around fun.

Synopsis:

Sheridan and Taylor are ordinary college students until a mistake by twenty-fourth century scientists drags them 300 years into the future. They find themselves in Tachames, a colorful, orderly, and completely corrupt city. Religion is banned. All citizens are tracked. As the government and a mafia like organization called the Dakine struggle for power over the population, Sheridan and Taylor search for a way to escape the deadly walls of doomed Tachames. Echo, a mysterious, brilliant "wordsmith," says he’ll help them escape; Sheridan is drawn to him and wants to trust him, but Echo has secrets of his own.
Time Riders is an exciting and suspenseful adventure through an Orwellian world of lost freedom and humanity; yet the novel is interlaced with the humor of Sheridan and Taylor communicating through twentieth-century idioms that bewilder their Tachamesian hosts, while preserving their secrets and freedom.

Now you know why two of my books on the list do not have links.

Cheers Everyone!

1 comment:

Roland D. Yeomans said...

Yes, now I know why you have two interesting books on your sidebar. Your post really made me want to read them.

Glad to have found your blog, Roland